This project is read-only.

Switch to Mercurial?

Oct 3, 2010 at 2:31 AM

Is it possible to switch to Mercurial instead of Svn? Sending patches for svn sucks and if you are not member of the team (single person at the moment), it makes me reluctant submitting it, especially if it is something trivial.

With Mercurial I would submit patches to my own repository while it would take you a couple clicks to import it into your repository if you like the patch.

Oct 3, 2010 at 7:49 AM

Hey vchekan,

If you use Tortoise SVN client, patch management is also a couple of clicks - just read the documentation.

- Nathan.

Oct 3, 2010 at 7:53 PM

If I have the only change in my work folder, then yes but if I work on several features, it becomes much more difficult.

It is inconvenient for you too. You have to save attachment, run your svn client, navigate to the folder where you saved attach, select attach.

The problem with svn is that in order to do branches I have to have r/w access to your repo, which limits your contributors to core team members and discourages small contributors.

-- Vadim

Oct 5, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Hey Vadim,

I have asked the codeplex team if they can help in converting the svn repository to Mercurial.  Will let you know how it goes.

- Nathan

Oct 7, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Hey Vadim,

The codeplex team has kindly migrated the repository from subversion to mercurial.

- Nathan