Error when loading from database

Jul 12, 2010 at 5:52 AM

Hi, great tool but doesn't seem to work with our MSSQL2000 database. It starts to load the database and gets to the 17th table in the DB, flashes up an error window which then disappears immediately before I have a chance to see the error.

The main window then opens with the partially loaded database - and I can see in the scripted objects that the table where it fails during loading is an empty .sql file.

Behavior is the same on v1.2.0.7 and v1.2.0.9 of DBSourceTools.

Any ideas? If I restore the database to my local MSSQL2005 server it does exactly the same thing.

Coordinator
Jul 13, 2010 at 3:25 AM

Hi Antzzz,

Thanks for your feedback.

There are a few ways that you can tackle this, but I would suggest downloading the source and stepping through the following code:

DBSourceToolsLib.SysObjects.SysObjects.LoadFromDb(EventHandler<ProgressEventArgs> localHandler).

This is where the code uses SMO to script objects to disk.

If you right-click on the Source Database, and select Properties, you will be able to flag which objects to script to disk.  I would suggest turning everything off at first, and then try to script only the table that causes an error.

I am very interested in what you may find - if there is a bug in the code, then let me know and I will fix it.

Yours,

- Nathan.

Aug 28, 2010 at 5:54 AM

It is no so easy to work whit those DB. I hope you will improve it.

auto parts stores and auto dealers online