Compare and script out difference

Feb 23, 2010 at 2:38 AM

Dear all,

I would like to know what tools can compare everything in 2 x same DB so that when I compare them, any difference (including schema, login name, store procedure, data) can be show out and let me select which to sync.

I can see that the DB diff and DBsource tools can only compare and script out the different in schema level, but not in  store procedure and data level, any kind of one-off tools can help me no this ?

DBA100

Coordinator
Feb 24, 2010 at 4:05 AM

Hey DBA,

DBSourceTools and DB diff will script out any schema changes, including stored procedures and logins.

Currently, there is no fuctionality to compare and script data.

- Nathan

Feb 24, 2010 at 5:23 AM
Dear Rozentalsn,

Thanks for your information.

I have a test using real DB structure and it seems that only DB diff will compare everything except data. It only let me manually copy the script out from the analysis result and you can run the script on the target server need sync. right?

It seems that tools like red-gate can help on this using tools call SQL data compare, a separate product from red-gate. We need to pay for it anyway.

Very best regards,
DBA100

To: [email removed]
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 21:05:14 -0800
Subject: Re: Compare and script out difference [dbsourcetools:155426]

Hey DBA,
DBSourceTools and DB diff will script out any schema changes, including stored procedures and logins.
Currently, there is no fuctionality to compare and script data.
- Nathan

Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (dbsourcetools@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email dbsourcetools@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Windows Live: Keep your friends up to date with what you do online.